Niwot Cultural Arts Association (NCAA)
The Niwot Cultural Arts Association, EIN 26-4164620, is a Colorado non-profit corporation formed January 31, 2009, with a mailing address of P.O. Box 733, Niwot, CO 80544. The NCAA has been recognized by the IRS as a 501c3 charitable organization. Donations to the Niwot Cultural Arts Association are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
The Charitable Purpose of the corporation is set forth in the Articles of Incorporation, as supplemented in the Bylaws, which provide:
“The corporation shall provide support, encouragement and funding for cultural arts and all mediums of artistic expression in the Niwot area, including but not limited to, performance art, painting, sculpture, weaving, quilting, music, dance, movement, drama, oral interpretation, storytelling, oral expression, creative writing, local cultural history, Native American cultural history, and western American cultural history.”
The Niwot Cultural Arts Association is approved by IBM and Google as a charitable organization.
In furtherance of this purpose, the organization plans the following Activities:
Sponsor or support art displays, concerts, plays, historical displays and projects;
Provide monetary support for artists and art projects;
Apply for grants and funding to support the arts and the promotion of culture in the Niwot area.
Sponsor or support creative writing projects and community gatherings to support literature and the arts.
Acquire and own property, both real and personal, including a community park for public artistic performances and display of artwork and historical artifacts.
Offer support and encouragement, including administrative support, to other non-profit organizations providing services and activities which are consistent with the purposes of the corporation.
Public support of the NCAA is sought to support the efforts of the organization to promote culture and the arts in the Niwot area.
Donations may be made to:
The Niwot Cultural Arts Association is approved by IBM Corporation as a charitable organization eligible for matching grants for donations by current and former employees. Other companies have similar matching grant programs.
Board of Directors
The founding directors were Mike Anfinson, Bruce Warren and Tim Wise. Current directors are Michelle Henzel, Alyson Bell, Satir DeMarco, Vicki Maurer, Anne Postle and Bruce Warren.
Current officers are Bruce Warren (President), Anne Postle (Vice President), Vicki Maurer (Secretary) and Michelle Henzel (Treasurer)
Niwot Children's Park
For current information and plans visit the web site above.
On June 19, 2012, Boulder County, partnering with the Niwot Cultural Arts Association, was awarded a Great Outdoors Colorado grant of $140,000 toward the purchase of the Niwot Children’s Park at 101 First Avenue in Niwot. The property was purchased on July 17, 2013. The $200,000 purchase price was funded by:
Other NCAA Community Projects and Activities
The Niwot Cultural Arts Association serves the community of Niwot, Colorado and sponsors, performs, and/or promotes the following venues, events, and activities:
· 1st Friday Art Walks (every month from 5 to 8 p.m.)
· Juried Art Show (spring)
· Whistle Stop Park--Whistle Stop Park, located at the southwest corner of Murray and 1st Avenue in Niwot, is open to the public during daylight hours. Use of the park for organized events such as weddings, receptions, and memorial services may be requested by contacting Bruce Warren at 303-652-2433 or email@example.com.
NCAA events at Whistle Stop Park include:
o Thursday night summer concert series, Rock & Rails, produced by the Niwot Cultural Arts Association conjunction with the Niwot Business Association
o Caboose and Railroad Artifacts display, in conjunction with the Niwot Business Association and the Rotary Club of Niwot
· Acquisition and development of Niwot Children’s Park, across the street to the east from Whistle Stop Park, in conjunction with Boulder County and Jeff and Cynthia Lambert
· Creation and development of Niwot Sculpture Park on the south side of Niwot Rd. and east of 79th Street, with Native American theme tree carvings, in conjunction with Niwot Prairie Productions, the Niwot Historical Society, the Niwot Community Association, The Rotary Club of Niwot, Cottonwood Park West Homeowners Association, the Niwot Ladies Club and the Niwot Local Improvement District
· Creation and preservation of the “Spirit of Niwot” mural on the Excel Electric building at 2nd Avenue and the Diagonal Highway
· Niwot Community Semi-Marching Free Grange Band, which performs at all community events
· Jazz on 2nd Ave (3rd Saturday in August) in conjunction with Howard Treppeda and Jazz On 2nd Ave
Website hosting and services provided by
The Rotary Club of Niwot
as a community service to the fine organizations and people of Niwot
©The Rotary Club of Niwot and the Niwot Cultural Arts Association, 2011-2015
July 7, 2015